Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I welcome myself to you

Ok, shweet.  This is my new blog which I have actually decided to start in response to an internet journalism workshop that I've been attending for the last couple of weeks.  Actually feel really dumb doing this (as we speak).  So, I figured I could start this off by telling you a bit about myself.  I'm a 22 year old Journalism student from South Africa.  I'm originally from a small town called Middelburg in the province of Mpumalanga (Zulu for "east" or "where the sun rises").  I went to primary school and high school there and am now a student in the wonderful city of Pretoria.  I love language (I am competent in English, Afrikaans, Zulu, Spanish and Pedi) and am passionate about music.  I am heavy into the local music scene although I'm mad about some international bands as well.  My favourite band is Fokofpolisiekar.  Their lyrics are like poetry to me and there is a Fokof song to encapsulate just about every single mood that I am ever in.  I believe Fokof has given a voice to the emotions that thousands of young Afrikaners have been going through.  OK, cool.  Let me stop myself before I wax lyrical about fokof for the next 3 hours.  I hate racism (despite my upbringing in a small, conservative town) and I reckon South Africa is the most awesome country in the world bar the shitty, corrupt politicians and the crime.  That's all from me for now.  Peace out and watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment